Hi, I’m Laura Lamere, rocker mom (or just insert mom of creative kids – one of whom happened to sing in a rock band and now sings a cappella in college), writer and former public relations executive. I’m now also an entrepreneur and founder of Pavoh, Inc. a 501(c)(3) created to improve access to music education.
Pavoh.org is the new web “Zine” by Pavoh, Inc. for young musicians. Created for teens, the site is just as helpful for parents, music teachers, and other educators. Pavoh.org can help start a conversation or advance a career. The name Pavoh comes from the constellation ‘Pavo’ and symbolizes our desire to help parents and kids connect the dots when it comes to music and arts education.
I am not a musician, but a parent without a music background who needed to educate herself about what resources were available for her children. The idea for Pavoh grew from my experiences trying to support my son’s indie rock band – and from talking to other parents and young musicians.
I look forward to hearing from you:
- Follow me on Twitter: @LauraLamereblog.
- Or, Like my page on Facebook: Laura Lamere Blog.
- Add your ideas and information: If you would like to add your resources, links or story ideas, please comment below. Or share them at email@example.com
- AMPassador for the National Association of Music Parents (AMP), a new organization that is bringing together ALL STAKEHOLDERS of Music Education
- Member of the TeenLife Advisory Board for TeenLife.com
- Appointed member of the Weston (Massachusetts) Cultural Council.
Laura writes about parenting and families for:
Wellesley Weston Magazine Articles:
- Freedom and Expression: A Parents Guide to Young Rockers (Wellesley Weston Magazine, Spring 2011).
- Face to Face: An Interview With Peg Golden; On Broadway (Wellesley Weston Magazine, Winter 2011/2012)
- Face to Face: An Interview With Larry Shaw; Lights, Sound, Action! (Wellesley Weston Magazine, Fall 2012)
- Weston Turns 300: Reflection, Celebration, Legacy (Winter 2012/2013)
- Your 2012 VERY Last Minute Gift Guide by Kathleen Heuer
- Your 2012 Last Minute Gift Guide by Kathleen Heuer
- Supporting Dress For Success Boston and here
- The Days Are Long But the Years Are Short by Thien-Kim Lam
- Blog of the Year 2012 given by Our Life in 3D. Read my post about the award here.
- Leibster Award given by Stacie Brown
- Very Inspiring Blogger Award given by Dana Rice of Kids & Keys. Read my post about the Very Inspiring Blogger Award here.