Hi, I’m Laura Lamere, rocker mom (or just insert mom of creative kids – one of whom happened to sing in a rock band and now sings a cappella in college), writer and former public relations executive.
I started blogging as a way to share my experiences as a music parent. At the time, my eldest son, my musician and singer, was off to college – leaving me with a rather large hole to fill in my heart and in my life. Writing made me feel a little better. And my fellow bloggers became an inspiration.
Today, I’m also an entrepreneur and founder of Pavoh, Inc. a 501(c)(3) created to support young musicians and their parents. The idea for Pavoh grew from my experiences trying to support my son’s indie rock band – and from talking to other parents and young musicians.
- Featured in Time Out Tokyo
- AMPassador for the National Association of Music Parents (AMP), a new organization that is bringing together ALL STAKEHOLDERS of Music Education
- Member of the TeenLife Advisory Board for TeenLife.com
- Appointed member of the Weston (Massachusetts) Cultural Council.
- The AMP Blog
- The Weston Town Crier
- Wellesley Weston Magazine Articles:
- Freedom and Expression: A Parents Guide to Young Rockers (Wellesley Weston Magazine, Spring 2011).
- Face to Face: An Interview With Peg Golden; On Broadway (Wellesley Weston Magazine, Winter 2011/2012)
- Face to Face: An Interview With Larry Shaw; Lights, Sound, Action! (Wellesley Weston Magazine, Fall 2012)
- Weston Turns 300: Reflection, Celebration, Legacy (Winter 2012/2013)
- Versatile Blogger Award given by Kathi Ostrom of My Life After Kids.
- Blog of the Year 2012 given by Our Life in 3D. Read my post about the award here.
- Leibster Award given by Stacie Brown
- Very Inspiring Blogger Award given by Dana Rice of Kids & Keys. Read my post about the Very Inspiring Blogger Award here.