I’m sorry, but I can’t resist responding to this new award – Blog of the Year 2012 – established with care by The Thought Pallette – so I hope you don’t mind if I go on about it now! Getting a blogging award is kind of like getting a present to open. A big, shiny, unexpected present. Or, it might be more like winning an Academy Award, or at least learning you’re in the running for one. Me on the outside: “Who me? Oh, well gee, I didn’t know you noticed my work. Oh, but there are so many other deserving bloggers out there.” Me on the inside: “You like me, you really, really like me! WHOO HOO!” So a big THANK YOU to the Our Life in 3D blog for nominating me. He’s got a funny style and some pretty cute kids so check out his blog!
OK, since this is a blogging award, there is a response required. First the rules I need to follow:
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
1 Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2 Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3 Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4 Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5 You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6 As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – Our Life in 3D – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars… (read more about collecting stars here.)
So here are the blogs I’ve enjoyed reading in 2012 and a little bit about each one:
- Our Life in 3D – Add a star my friend, you are consistently entertaining and genuine! You are also one of the first connections I made in this blogging life – our kids rock!
- True Aim Education – Is a fun site for moms – lots of great info and activities!
- All We Have to Decide is What to Do With The Time That is Given Us – Thoughtful posts about everyday things, fiction, great writing!
- Tiny Lessons Blog – I love your style and your lessons – congrats on another star!
- LaDona’s Music Studio – I follow a few music teacher blogs and this one is always well written and full of great info – I’ve even reblogged her posts a few times!
- Kids and Keys – Creative Parent Teaching and Piano Parenting – Another music teacher with a terrific blog!
- And finally, a new friend – the Tucson Songstress – has a great blog with lots of energy!
Enjoy your present, bloggers…
And Congratulations! on being chosen for the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award!
Need to know more? Check out the FAQ page.